Rodey's Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rodey's Reviews

A place where people can discuss anything they so please concerning music and/or gaming.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Compositions made in Finale.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jarred
Underground Artist
Underground Artist

Compositions made in Finale. Empty
PostSubject: Compositions made in Finale.   Compositions made in Finale. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:27 am

C Minor Song
Binary Composition

I wanted some input on my songs hopefully since I will be judged on them and they will have to do with my placement in the Music Comp/Tech program at UWM.

C Minor song is a little something I cooked up this June.

Binary Composition is a song I wrote in my first year of College for my Music theory class. It demonstrates a Binary Composition. I may edit this post later to go more into detail but that will be all for tonight, Cheers.
Back to top Go down
c.rodes76
Admin
Admin
c.rodes76

PostSubject: Re: Compositions made in Finale.   Compositions made in Finale. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 pm

I really like these recordings, especially the C minor song. I think I'd enjoy the other one more if I had a better grasp of binary composition. I know it has to do with two seperate but similar compositions in one song or something of that nature, but could you explain it to me a little better?
Back to top Go down
http://rodeysreviews.blogspot.com
Jarred
Underground Artist
Underground Artist

PostSubject: Re: Compositions made in Finale.   Compositions made in Finale. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 am

They're not really recordings. They are Midi files generated by Finale.

Binary simply does mean it's in 2 parts. A part A and a part B. AB format is just explaining the structure of the song since there are 2 parts...pretty much. It also involves a brief modulation (or keychange) where it borrows from it's Relative Major and adds one extra flat to the key signature that's where part B starts.
Back to top Go down
c.rodes76
Admin
Admin
c.rodes76

PostSubject: Re: Compositions made in Finale.   Compositions made in Finale. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:27 pm

lol oops. Didn't mean to say 'recording.'

But yea, very nice compositions. The only thing that seems a little awkward to me in "C Minor Song" is the transition back to the 'A' section at around 28-32 seconds. It seems sort of abrupt when the minor key jumps back in. Maybe if the transition were slightly longer, maybe it would flow better.
Back to top Go down
http://rodeysreviews.blogspot.com
Jarred
Underground Artist
Underground Artist

PostSubject: Re: Compositions made in Finale.   Compositions made in Finale. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:11 pm

oh alright man. I can see what you mean. I'm working on my third one now; but when I get that one up I'll go back to that one. Sometimes it's easier for an 2nd person to notice little things like that because I make it and I know how I designed it. It isn't a surprise to me when a Transition that I wrote myself comes in. Was the 2nd Transition out of the major key better?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compositions made in Finale.   Compositions made in Finale. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compositions made in Finale.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rodey's Reviews :: Record Reviews :: General Music Talk-
Jump to: