Rodey's Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rodey's Reviews

A place where people can discuss anything they so please concerning music and/or gaming.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zelda Portables

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
c.rodes76
Admin
Admin
c.rodes76

Zelda Portables Empty
PostSubject: Zelda Portables   Zelda Portables Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:12 pm

People always like to ask what your favorite game in the Zelda franchise is, but I think I'm going to limit this one. I play a lot of the handheld Zelda games and I was wondering what everyone's favorite portable Zelda game was.

If I had to pick I would probably say the original portable Zelda, Link's Awakening on the Gameboy is probably my favorite one. This is probably because it was the Zelda game that I grew up on, but even after playing all the others, Link's Awakening keeps pulling me back. The music is some of the best on the system and the gameplay keeps itself at just the right difficulty to make it that much more enjoyable.

What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
http://rodeysreviews.blogspot.com
Jarred
Underground Artist
Underground Artist

Zelda Portables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Portables   Zelda Portables Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:20 am

The only handheld one I ever played was the port of a Link to the Past on GBA. I always liked A Link to the Past for it's simplicity. I have a very hard time with the N64 ones because there's a ton of stuff you need to know. I'm not as big of a fan on the franchise as most gamers are; I always found it frustrating to need to explore and solve puzzles and stuff.
Back to top Go down
c.rodes76
Admin
Admin
c.rodes76

Zelda Portables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Portables   Zelda Portables Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I think the best part about most of the handheld Zelda games, are that they are more linear than the platform titles. With the exception of the newer releases on the DS, the path you need to take isn't as complex. This leads to more concentration in the game play mechanics. Also, it's just cool to see how they integrate boss fights and dungeons in an almost completely two dimensional top view. 'Tis fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://rodeysreviews.blogspot.com
Jarred
Underground Artist
Underground Artist

Zelda Portables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Portables   Zelda Portables Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Hmm...Maybe I'd actually be able to beat one of those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zelda Portables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Portables   Zelda Portables Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zelda Portables
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rodey's Reviews :: Retro Reviews :: Your Favs :: Games-
Jump to: